Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wew....and we thought he was calm?

Another fun day with Ruslan A.K.A. Clark. We are allowed to spend about 4 1/2 hours with Ruslan every day. We get a morning visit and afternoon visit. Today we did a lot of playing...we are learning that he prefers to take his new toys and go by himself to play. I think it must stem from the orphanage setting where he never has things that truly belong to him. It is really funny. We will hand him a toy...he will take it and usually walk off to play alone. We had a little breakthrough today where we gave him some stacking cups and he actually allowed Ali to sit beside him and play with him. We have to deal with baby steps in our situation. He is learning to trust us and knows the toys we bring do show up the next visit. He loves to be held and is learning what a kiss is...though he doesn't give kisses yet, he does lean to us when we say "Kiss Papa" or "Kiss Mama". Isn't it hard to believe a child can actually NOT know what a kiss is? So sad for us to think about at first. The first kisses were really funny....he would just laugh! Well, today brought a new first....he actually RAN to us when we arrived for our visits today. That was wonderful to see. It was so funny....when we arrived this morning, another child followed Ruslan over to us and after a minute Ruslan walked right behind the child and pushed him all the way back to the rest of the group. Kind of to say "they are mine...."!! Too cute. We got a good chuckle out of that. Well, I appologize that you have to endure my post today....you don't get T.C.'s eloquence. You only get a brain dead MOMMY that is having to adjust to toddlerhood again. Ha!! Shew!!!

To answer a few comments....yes, Sarah....we are relearning all about toddlerhood...the ups and the not so ups. Heehee. Suzanne, yes I FINALLY was able to use my sling after having it for HOW long? It was awesome....he loved it. To all of our Louisville clan...we love hearing from you and I will be bringing the kids there as soon as we can. You know I can't wait to show off the little man. T.C. won't be joining us as he has NO vacation time left. Everyone...Lisa, Lori, Marty, parents, April, Texas friends, etc. we just love reading it all! April, I love reading about your memories from your time in Ukraine. Keep writing....we will sure keep reading.

Please pray as our court date is approaching. The paperwork is being finalized as I type and I will breathe a sigh of relief when the court announces us as parents to little Samuel Ruslan Clark Judd. The child we have prayed so long for. God is so good....and we are so blessed. My heart just melts when I see him. It is a feeling I just can't describe.

Also, the original plan was for us all to return back to the states during our 10 day mandatory wait after court. But, we have had a change of plans....I will not be returning home. I will remain here and continue the daily visits to see Ruslan. Mom will be coming out here to take T.C.'s place when he heads home next week. We just thought it would not be beneficial if he didn't see any of us for almost 2 weeks. I just couldn't do that to him.

Suzi Marshall and TX friends....the baby shower that is scheduled for the 5th....I may or may not be in attendance. I will let you all know as soon as we find out a return date! Also, our baby registry is pretty much no good anymore....as we registered for things preparing for a younger child. OH well, we have to roll with the punches around here. :) But, he does wear about a size 2T right now and probably 3T for the fall. You can email me and I will get back to you.

Here are some pictures from today. It is so hot that we arrived to see Ruslan today and he was wearing.............underwear....yep, that is it. So the pictures from today are a little funny! All the kids were only sporting undies, shoes, and hats...ha! Enjoy....

Orphanage, Album 4

4 comments:

The Malone Family said...

Hello Rachel, I am so glad to hear you are staying. I know Clark will enjoy having you around until he comes to America. I told the GA's all about your adventure. Ali, they all send their love and excitement.... they were trilled that you were getting a brother. :) Take care, looking forward to your next bit of news. Thanks for keeping us informed. It has been an enjoyable ride.

Kay said...

i am also glad to hear that you are staying!! i can't imagine walking away from your little guy anyway, but now you will get to bond with him!!! i am glad that mom is coming out to be with you, since you are in a foreign country!! please stay safe and i can't wait to get our box in the mail for you!! the boys have had fun getting clark 'boy toys' and with danny you can guess what that means for your little man.... cars!! and a tank!

JW Hellums said...

Hey guys...we are at your parents' house for supper and wanted to drop you a line or two. We have enjoyed following your journey. Abby spent the last five days visiting with my parents and her cousin...Claire. When she returned home last night, I showed her a picture of Ruslan Clark. I said, "Abby, come look at a picture of your new cousin." As she approached the computer, her face lit up...she grinned from ear to ear...and said with excitement, "Mom, do they have him? Is he with them now?" She was so excited!!! Also, my friend, Kelly Berryhill (also adopting from China) said to be sure and tell you she is following your adoption story, and "her heart is huge for you right now."
We just wanted to say how very happy we are for you all. We can't wait to meet our new little nephew and cousin. Abby says..."Hi Ali...I hope you're having a great time with your little brother."
Much love,
Jay, Paula, and Abby

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel. I had a feeling that you would be staying. I couldn't imagine leaving you.

He is adorable. You guys are going to have so much fun. Boys are adventurous and lots of fun. I should know.

Love, Pamela, Greg and boys