Ok, it is a down day here in Ukraine! T.C. left this evening with our translator headed for Kiev. We are flying solo for the next several days. YIKES! I had a temporary meltdown at the time his taxi drove away...but it is OK now. Not that I like the idea of him being gone...don't get me wrong...but what is my other option....oh yeah, there isn't one. So...Ali and I will suck it up and press on. God is so good in giving us 2 other American families here.
I do have MAJOR prayer request...my fellow prayer warriors. We were informed by our translator this evening before they drove into the sunset headed for Kiev...that we could possibly be STUCK here an extra 7-10 days after our current 10 day wait...waiting on passports. Apparently passports have changed recently and they are not running smoothly at all. They are taking much longer than in the past to process. So, our translator is very nervous about this. She had a meeting today and they basically told her that there wasn't anything they could do for her...so she went to the head guy. When they left for Kiev she was waiting on a phone call to be returned to her to find out if there is anything that can be done to speed up the process for us all. (us and the 2 other families) That would be such an added expense....another 10 days in this hotel and food, etc. YUCK!! Not to mention we would together have 5 kids in this hotel with really nothing to do with them. Ummmm.....can you say NOT fun? Just please lift this up in prayer....we do so covet your prayers. Thank you so much.
To answer a few posts...yes, Sarah... it looks like we are doing the toilet training thing together. Can you give me some pointers...it has been 8 years for me!! Hahaha.....and I will TOTALLY remember the Wal-Mart diaper tip. I am hoping to just use training undies when we return to the states...but we will see how far he is in the process. It is hard to tell right now. Ali appreciates everyones notes to her...she says hello! To answer Juliana's questions....Ali says "yes, I will help teach him English...the food is good (especially the borsch soup and chocolates)...we are staying in a nice hotel with a big room...yes it is really hard to understand the people and I can't understand a single thing they say and I have gotten used to it and be shocked to hear everyone speak English when we get home" She says to tell Holt that she will play swords together the next she sees him and they can teach Ruslan how to play! :0) Kay, yes we will have clothes to bring Ruslan Clark home in...thanks to Mom! Mom saves the day again. Ha! I sent her shopping and she is bringing it with her this week when she comes. I hope it all fits....we think he is a 2T....we will see. I will have to buy shoes here...I traced his foot...we will see how shopping for shoes with a traced foot goes. Ha! She says to tell Danny, Bekah, and Joshie hello from her...she misses them and can't wait to see them. Biddie (Millie)...of course you are Ali and R.C.'s other grandmother....Ali wouldn't have it any other way! You are stuck with us now....can't wait for you to see our handsome guy. Uncle Vince and Aunt Sally...we are so happy you have been able to keep up with our adoption...thank you for the comments and words of encouragement! Ali says she misses you guys and wants to know how all the horses at the barn are doing! :) (and give them kisses....if you dare!) Lori, so glad to read your posts everyday...Ali says hello to Christopher and she can't wait to play with him. Becky....your words are always so uplifting...just when I need to read them! We can't wait to make it to Louisville!!
Ok, anyway....our visits with Russie...I will sure be glad when we get home and start calling the poor guy ONE name....went well today. He was cute as ever and T.C. hated to leave him. He will be so confused tomorrow when T.C. isn't there for the visits. It was a little cooler here today...much welcomed! It has been SO hot here and not many places have AC...the orphanage does NOT. UUGGGHHH. We just walk around outside the whole visit in the heat...all sweating. Thank goodness our hotel room has AC! (the taxis do not...yuck) Russie comes running when he sees us. I was told today by one of the other families that we need that run on video....maybe I will do that soon!
I will post pictures soon. T.C. is our computer guy...as you all know...but he left me with instruction on how to do it. We will see if I can figure it out. Ha! I have a few cute shots from yesterday and today. I have a really funny shot of us trying to get a family picture.....ummmm the little tot wouldn't sit still. :)
I will close. It is time to get Ali to bed.
Monday, July 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Rachel-it is totally reasonable to be nervous about being in a foreign country with 2 small children sans husband. However, you are NOT alone. Our Lord knows no boundaries and He holds you in the palm of His hand. He has brought you to THIS place in THIS time to accomplish His plans for THIS child. Depend totally upon Him to accomplish through you all that He desires. Comfort yourself with the knowledge that HE orders your steps. Take heart for you are faithful, bright, and capable of accomplishing His mission for you. We will continue to lift you before Him in prayer. Count on it!
Much Love,
Becky
Hi Rachel & Ali,
I am so sorry to hear of the delay in passports. I pray for a speedy process for you and your american friends there as well. Keep us posted on the progress. I know it was sad to see T.C. leave you and Ali but thankful you have some american friends there to lean on going through the same issue. Just think, your mom and Nona will be there in just 2 short days...how exciting! Hold you heads high as you remember that the Lord never gives us anything we can't handle :). Love you & be safe.
Lori, Bryan, John & Christopher
Hold on! Mom is coming!!!! I will pray hard for the passport issue to be resolved soon. Ali: We are so proud of you. Wish you could have been with us last night. Abby was baptized. We are so grateful that both of our precious GRANDDAUGHTERS are have the Saving Grace of God's love. Ali, we are so happy you decided to stay with your Mom. She will be very dependent on you when you get home. SRCJ is so fortunate to have you as his "big sis". Nona & I love you very much and can't wait to see & hug on you again.
I was so glad to hear you were coming home earlier. So I will continue to pray that all works out with the passports so you can leave on the 31st. God is in control.
Rachel I dreamed I came to Ukraine and was able to visit with you and Clark gave me a big hug. We cannot wait to meet Clark and to see you. You are constantly in our prayers. Take care and enjoy the kids. I will pray that the days ahead will go by quickly.
Ali, Micah is at soccer tryouts this morning but he is excited for you and your little brother and he misses you.
Ali, we are so proud of you. Continue to be a trooper.
Love, Pamela
Post a Comment