We had no internet access for a couple of days. The hotel internet goes down quite frequently. I will make this short...it is getting late here....and we must be downstairs to catch our cab at 8:45 in the morning for our orphanage visit.
This weekend went well with Ruslan. He is 100% boy and has a toddler streak...ya' know...pitch a little fit if you do something he doesn't like. Ha! It doesn't happen often...and I know he finds it frustrating to not understand us. Orphans have some issues that other children do not...they do not know what it means to have something that belongs to them. Can you imagine? He has NEVER had a single item that was HIS. It will be a new concept for him to learn. He doesn't understand that at all. He gets upset when we want to help him with a toy because sometimes he thinks we want to take it away....like the other children do. But, that will just be a learning process for him. I know in time he will understand. If you can imagine this....on the day that I pick him up at the orphange for the last time....he leaves completely empty handed. 3 1/2 years he has lived there and he hasn't one single thing. Had sad for me to think of. I must show up with ALL clothing and shoes. He must remain at the orphanage until our 10 day wait is up...which is July 31st. I can't wait for that day! To be able to do the simple things like give him a bath, a meal, rock him, etc.
Thank you all for the wonderful posts! It really lifts our spirits to read all of the messages. Ali gets a thrill out of messages for her as well. She is so proud to be a big sister. She has been so amazing this entire trip! She has not complained at all. She definitely deserves a special treat when we return to the states. Thank you all for your prayers...they keep us going.
T.C. will leave for home on Tuesday evening and has a long layover in Paris...he will return home on Wed. afternoon. He will actually leave this region tomorrow evening as our facilitator is here right now and is heading to Kiev tomorrow...so he will ride with her back to Kiev. He has to sign his portion of the paperwork at the Embassy on Tuesday morning. Please pray for me as he is gone.....it makes me a little nervous. I know God will take care of us. Ali is remaining here with me. My mother is flying into Kiev on Thursday to spend some time here with Ali and me. Pray for her as well....it is a little scary flying all this way alone. One HUGE blessing is that we are here with 2 more families. One family we have been here with the whole time, and another arrived yesterday. They accepted a referral of an absolutely beautiful boy of 2 1/2.
I will end this now and hopefully we can put up a few new pictures tomorrow. We found out today that Ruslan isn't actually potty trained. We kept wondering why he would never tell us he had to go potty....yet, he kept having an accident here and there. So I asked today...and we were told "he is still being trained"....glad I know that now and not find that out on the plane...haha. All I can say is THANK GOODNESS Ukraine carries Pull-Ups!!!! :) Amen!
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hi, thanks for your post when you are so tired. Yes, Ali has been a trooper. Gee, we did an excellent job grandparenting!!!!We can't take credit for anything except the spoiling. Well, we are counting down the days on the calendar---hope they go quickly for you. Ruslan is yours----but still at the orphanage---that has to be tough.OOps!I had the impression that R.C. was trained. We can be thankful for pullups on that long flight home. Ruslan Clark and Timmy can be excused at the same time!!
Ali Girl, I can't wait to see you.You will know the ropes so you can educate me. I look forward to reading in the evenings----my favorite thing all of your life. Abby misses you. There is going to be a conference at FBC Westlake(in September)just for girls-----there will be all sorts of classes to choose from. Maybe you can stay the weekend and attend. Abby would love it. Poppy would too!!I will sign off. Give everyone a kiss for us---two for Clark. We send kisses for you. You and Abby will always be our heartbeats but there is always room for Clark. Love to you all. Poppy and Nona AKA Mom and Dad
You are so terrific to keep us informed. We think that Ali is more than a super hero. Your description of her interactions and the photos of her with Russie say it all. She is a very special child.
We are more than pleased that all is working out so well. I am sure that TC leaving is a difficult transtion for all. He will feel especially out of the loop to be gone from the experience and being away from you & Ali.
We hope and pray that it will continue to go as planned.
We feel as though we are getting quite an education about "orphan life". How different.
Rachel & TC...You will make wonderful parents that will instill in Ruslan all of the things that he has missed in his first 3 1/2 years. It will be a very interesting and rewarding transformation.
WE think of you all the time.
Love
Hi there! I was wondering what happened to the posts..was hoping things were o.k. for you there. Whew! I pray for a smooth flight for both your mom to Ukraine and for T.C. on his way back home. I know it will be tough while he is gone and until your mom gets there but I know you are sooo smart, Rachel, there is nothing you can't handle :). It is really sad for little Ruslin to leave the orphanage without anything to call his own..just heartbreaking. Just wait until he gets to the States...he will be lacking for nothing and everything to call his own. That is the wonderful part of the story. May the next 9 days move quickly for you all so you can get little R.C. home. Ali sounds like you are doing a GREAT job..keep up the good work :). Much love to you all & stay safe.
Lori, Bryan, John & Christopher
Oh, Rachel! Must be a little frightening to be doing this by yourself for a few days! I must remind you of one of my favorite quotes:
"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle.
I just wish he didn't trust me so much." Here, here, Mother Teresa! :)
I'm sure all will be fine...just a little nerve-racking.
T.C. and "Nona" -- praying for safe travels. I'm sure it will be difficult for T.C. to leave you all for a while, but you'll be together soon...as a REAL FAMILY of FOUR!
Ali -- We love you tons! You're going to be an awesome big sister! Can't wait to see you soon!
Clark -- what an awesome family God has given you! And, yeah, you're a toddler...keep 'em on their toes!
Thanks for the update. I missed the posts and check my computer eagerly! (Who...me???)
Love you all!
Oh yeah! We DO get to potty train together!! Teeheehee!
BTW...when you get home...it's all about the Wal-Mart Brand (white cloud). Seriously. I don't joke about diapers. Or potty training. Or the lack thereof...
We hope that you wake feeling refreshed. All that adrenaline rush can leave you weary! Hopefully your emotions can begin a leveling process as your life becomes more "normal" very soon. I know that Ali will continue to be a huge help to you as we can tell that she was MEANT to be a fabulous big sister! Remember that we are praying for your wellbeing and God's hedge of protection to be surrounding you. As always He will provide for you all as your Ukraian journey ebbs and you will have your wonderful memories of this precious time together. God's blessings flow!!
Love to you all,
Becky
rachel, i will be kicking up the prayers for you while you are there alone with your two kids. that would be a little nerve wracking!! But God is good all the time!! He is there with you, so who can possibly be against you?? i hope you have clothes for clark to bring him home in!! don't forget that boys needs the little pee guard for their potty seats!! they have hoses!
Sorry I haven't posted often. We are too at the mercy of unreliable internet. We've been here now 12 days and have yet to see a Comcast truck. We are getting internet off our neighbors when the wind blows the right way.
I just read your last post but when I get done with this, I'll go back and read what I've missed. It sounds like a big congratulations is in order and that R.C. is officially yours. That must be such a huge relief! I know getting him home will be even more of a relief. Doesn't normal everyday life sound blissful right about now? I'll try to remember that today when I'm bored and a little out of my mind.
We are praying for you guys. I am praying especially everyday until you get home and then you can let us know how to pray for your transition and Ruslan's. This is such an exciting and family-changing time for you guys. Enjoy every minute of it... even the hard ones!
We love you guys!
Suzanne
FROM JULIANA-
Hey Ali, your new little brother is cute. Are you going to help teach him English? Where are you staying? Is it hard to understand people there? How's the food? Bye- Juliana
FROM HOLT-
Hey Ali, I wish I could come play with you and your new brother when you move back to your new house. Maybe we could play swords only you only have 2 so maybe I could bring mine and then we'd have 3 and then we could all share. Ali, I love you and your new brother.
- Holt
Hi Rachel, TC, Ali & Ruslan Clark...
Sorry to be "coming to the party late" so to speak! I have been enjoying your posts and seeing the wonderful pictures and of course hearing news via Nona & Poppy.
I'm so excited about your beautiful (ok, ok TC - HANDSOME):) little boy that you'd swear I was a grandma, too...oh wait, that's right I AM - by proxy at least! HaHa Ali & Abby's (and now Ruslan Clark's) Nona II.
Can't wait to see all of you when you get back to the States.
Love & hugs & kisses to all,
Millie, aka Biddie
Hello Rachel & Ali, I have so enjoyed your daily post.... this has and is an exciting time for all. I know that God has placed you in this little boys like for a reason. I hope someone is saving all these stories and comments for him to read later. He is loved so much by so many people. I hope he will get an opportunity to meet everyone. Ali, I am so proud of the young lady you are becoming. Each time I see you with your new brother, the love on your face is so sweet. I know you have and will continue to be a great help to your mom. You are a wonderful big sister. Rachel, I will continue to hold you and your family up in prayers until you are all save in the States. I know without a question that God is truly in this and will continue to be with you through the end. Thank you for all the wonderful messages and pictures, I, as everyone else, has enjoy this experience. Hoorraayy for technology. :) LOL
Take care, Love to you all.
Post a Comment