Our time together today ended with more sobs, both Ruslan Clark and Rachel. Today, he walked calmly with us up the stairs back to his room, and when he saw his caregiver, put his head into both hands (very dramatically) and began crying. Still heartbreaking to see him sad and joyful to see him feeling so attached to us after only a few days.
Here are some more pics from yesterday and today, including a picture of lunch time and the whole gang stripped down and ready to eat! Aren't they all absolutely wonderful?? They all light up everytime we see them...wish we could bring them all home!
![]() |
| Orphanage, Album 2 |
Hey!! This is Rachel now. I just wanted to say again how much we are LOVING all the comments. It gives us a little connection to all our friends and family. THANK YOU! Thank you for your prayers as well. We definitely are feeling the prayers and seeing the evidence of God's goodness every single day. Every time I look at our future son I know just how blessed we are. He is so precious...we can't wait for all of you to meet him. When we leave and he cries...it rips my heart out every time....just look at that face!! :) Well, it is late here and Ali is exhausted. LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

14 comments:
He is beautiful. Thanks for letting us all feel like we are going thru this with you,(in a very minor part, of course).Cant wait till you bring him to Indiana. God bless you all! susie
He REALLY IS beautiful. Thanks for writing so often - some of us are glued to our computers! We're so happy things are going so well. Let us know as soon as you have a court date. Please give big hugs and kisses to BOTH of our beautiful grandchildren! (Hugs and kisses to you "big" ones, too.) oxoxoxo Mimi and Papaw
Thanks so much for letting us share your with you. I am so glad that you are able to get to a computer, is there one at your hotel/flat? We had to find an internet cafe all the time, and we were lucky that there was one close to the orphanage! Of course, our flat was about 20 minutes from the "babyhouse", so we only visited our "munchkin" once a day. That is so wonderful
that you all have bonded so fast! I still have people today that ask us...."Did she have any problems, bonding?" We just laugh! :o)
I think that you all will be doing the same! God is soooooo good, and now the "over" two years waiting doesn't seem like NOTHING to you, now! HE is so cute and just precious, what a wonderful gift from the LORD!
You all are lucky to see where he eats and everything at the orphanage! We did not get to see that. Some do you not you. I guess if we had insisted they would have let us, but we did not ask. Those children are just precious sitting there at their tables in their underwear! Too cute! Thanks for sharing! The little girl with the blonde curly hair could be my next little girl! :o) HEY YOU ALL......you will always remember one little boy or girl that was in Russie's group and they will stay in your heart forever!
Take care and God Bless!
The Bargers!
HUGS FROM HAYLEY!
Hi y'all! I absolutely LOVE that picture of Ali reading to little Russie...he seems so content like he has done that all of his life. I also love all of the other pictures as well. It sounds like the bonding is going wonderfully for all of you. I, too, am on the edge of my seat awaiting an update from y'all. Take care & love you all :)
Lori, Bryan, John & Christopher
Thanks for the updates! We are praying for you all. He is a beautiful boy, and you all look so happy together. We'll be praying that all goes smoothly from here on out. Have fun!! -the Brysons
Hey Guys,
We were out of town a few days and it's good to catch up on your news. It's like reading a novel, a very wonderful one with a happy ending. I can't imagine how hard it is to leave little Russie after spending time with him. We're thinking of you and praying for you also.
Much love, Cheryl
He is such a cutie. How sweet. Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine what you guys are feeling. Congratulations. Hope the rest of the trip goes well and no more spy drama's !
I knew we were over dressed for dinner at your house!
He is too beautiful. What a blessing.
Ali you are an awesome Big Sis!!!!
Ditto ... I too am on the edge of my seat awaiting updates. The pictures are wonderful. Isn't technology grand! It is like reading a novel, or watching your favorite show. Thank you for keeping us so informed. We truly are able to live these precious moments with you. Ali, you are a wonderful big sister. :) Love to all! Claudia
Hey, We feel sooooo connected with this. Thank you so much for letting us be a part of this fantastic experience. He is in our hearts, As the three of you are. He is a charmer and it certainly looks as though he has been with us for a lot longer than it seems. What a thrill for you. (and us & eveyone else)
Oh!!! what a sweet & handsome little "man". Nona & I had to wipe tears in order to read all the post. Thanks for sharing with us. I plan to go to WalMart when Mom is gone next week & get Clark & me a remote control truck. Ali, we are so very proud of you. What a wonderful loving "Big Sis" you are. We miss you so much. Hurry home with your baby brother! Love Nona & Poppy.
Reading about today's events has me crying and laughing at the same time! The tenderness of these moments just touches me so much and then I read about squashed bugs riding around in toy cars and I bust out laughing because the child is just soooo cute!! I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster that these days are for all of you. It serves to remind me of how incredible our God is as He orchestrates His plans. GLORY!!! Thanks so much for sharing this special time with all of us. Sending much love and prayers your way-
Becky, Calvin, & Amanda
Love the picture of all the kids at the lunch table. We were all looking at it together and I said, "Ah, I want one!" Brad just looked at me...then Jackson said, "I want one, too!!!" :) Jackson looked at a pic of "Russie" and said, "Who's that?" I said to him, "Who IS that?"
He said, "Clark!"
Your pictures are fantastic......I am awed by the technology that lets us communicate and see this miracle taking place. He is adoreable and your patience, persistance and leap of faith are being rewarded. Sarah is a miraclemaker too with that picture of the 4 cousins!!!
Hugs to all,
virginia mimi
Post a Comment