"Colors of God"
Colors are one of God's miracles,
We see them every day.
Do you wonder how they came to be?
Or if they're here to stay?
What if the world had no colors?
What if it was black and white?
If there were no colors in the world,
I would rather not have sight.
We need the reds and yellows
and greens and purples, too!
And blue and pink and orange
In every different hue.
God's gifts are grace and mercy,
and lots of others too.
One is the great gift of colors,
He gave to me and you!
by Ali Judd
"A Colonial Blacksmith"
One day I was walking home from school,
and looked into the shed;
I saw a busy blacksmith
A'hammering at some lead.
He stopped, looked up, and smiled
and then he said, "Good day!"
He started all his work again
A'chewing at some hay.
Blistered hands, a'workin' hard,
How I think they must be tired.
Big, black mustache, grease black hair,
Molten steel, he shows no fear.
He always goes to Sunday church,
and sits way in the back.
I look there and he smiles,
and politely lifts his hat.
When he prays he cries, "I'm a sinful man,
I sin every day."
He kneels to pray a prayer or two,
and wipes each tear away.
After church is over,
he walks around to me.
He gives me a nickel to buy some gum,
and happily walks away.
by Ali Judd
2 comments:
Thanks for the poems. We will look forward to more in the near future. We may have to rename her Ali Judd Longfellow. Poppy & Nona
Beautiful! Ali, Simply Beautiful!
Love Ya, Ms Claudia
Post a Comment