Monday, November 05, 2007

Just another day at the beach.....

Today was Clark's official first day of preschool. Ummm, ok...maybe we are just working on letters and colors...but it's a start. He knew his colors in Ukrainian, but is having to relearn them in English. He likes "doing school" like Ali. So it only took about 5 minutes or so, but you gotta start somewhere. Ha! We worked on the color red and the letter A. (he is clueless about the letters...but I think he gets the colors)

T.C. has been working CRAZY hours the past 2 weeks (due to being in mission control), so we headed to the beach for some relaxation this afternoon. The kids (including T.C.) built a huge sand castle and Clark loved helping tear it down before we left! He loves going to the beach, as does Ali. Ali was disappointed that we didn't hit the old fashioned ice cream parlor on The Strand!

Sat. we took them to Build a Bear to build a new bear. They both chose a cute dog! Clark thought that place was pretty fun! Ali has loved going for years now.

I thought I would include a couple of Ali's recent poems. She enjoys writing poetry...but she should really do it more often...she is actually pretty good at it! Enjoy.....

(T.C.: OK, I moved her poems here)


Build a Bear, first day of schooling, and Galveston

No comments: