Thursday, November 08, 2007

I never knew..........

I never knew I could be so excited over an inch......ONE WHOPPING INCH! But, I am! Clark had his monthly height/weight follow up with his pediatrician today. I was initially disappointed because he has not gained any weight since he came home in Aug. His weight today was the same it was last month... 26 1/2 lbs. However, our boy has grown a whole inch since we got home. The doctor was really excited about that, as was I. He is still only the average size of a 2 year old...she showed me his growth chart. So...he still has a lot of catching up to do. But, she said she is more concerned with the height issue than the weight. If he continues to grow...we might not have to have the test run checking his growth hormone. YIPPY! All in all things are going well. She said his incision is healing well, he finished up his antibiotics this morning!

Ali has her first swim meet since summer this weekend. YES...both Sat. and Sun.!! It will be interesting to see how she has improved since then. Nona and Poppy are coming to watch her on Sunday, so she is excited about that.

I will explain the pictures....the other morning Clark put his boots on as soon as he got out of bed. He then decided to climb into our bed...boots and all...and he had put his shoes on his baby! Too funny. Then, the ones of him at bath time need some explanation. T.C. made the mistake one night when drying him off after bath, of saying "oh baby Russie...look how cute..." (on and on and on...because he was all wrapped up in his towel like a baby) WELL....Clark LOVED it so much that he demands we do that EVERY SINGLE night. As soon as I get him out of the tub...first thing out of his mouth "BABY...PAPA"!!! Translation..."where is Papa, I want him to do baby!" Ha!! (every night!!!) It is really pretty funny...he loves it. The poster is Ali's geography project. She had to draw a map from a country of her choice and tell about the country. She, of course, chose Ukraine. It came out very well.

boots in bed, baby Clark, and Ali's map

No comments: