Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Here I sit...exhausted...with nothing exciting to say

Now how is that for a title? Extremely exciting stuff or what? But how true it is. It is almost 11:30pm and I am exhausted, burned out, and need to be in bed. I haven't much to say either...so I really should save this for another day. Ha! But figured I would go ahead and bore you now.

You know it occurred to me the other day that I often get these emails "getting to know your friends" or some similar title about little facts about your friends that you may not have known. I enjoy reading them, but NEVER take the time to respond. Then I started thinking about it and realized there were things I wondered about others. For instance......what do you guys keep in your vehicle at any given time? For me...I looked around and saw that I ALWAYS (seriously...always!)have swim gear in our van. (Hyundai Entourage by the way and LOVE IT!) Swim gear....2 bags of the stuff. She has to have a "wet bag" as they call it...mesh bag that holds all the gear that gets wet (goggles, caps, kick board, flippers) and a "dry" bag that holds towels, clothing, etc. There they sit...slap dap in the middle of the van waiting on the next swim practice. At first we held the position of "you put those bags in the back every day so it doesn't junk up the van"...yeah right...that lasted a total of a week maybe! Ha! Now that we have a little one around again I always have a tub of wet wipes under the seat, hot wheels cars rolling around everywhere, and random other toys! What happened to my obsession of having a clean car? Oh yeah, I had kids!!! Then there is my purse...I always loved purses...like LOVED them...still do...only now the love takes on a whole new meaning....how much crap can I cram in ONE. Like seriously...how much stuff can a purse really hold? There is anti bacterial gel (a must have 'cause kids are just always dirty!), cell phone, wallet, usually a toy, a random treat in case the little one gets cranky, etc. My purse is always overflowing! What about you guys?

Well, Ali had another swim meet this past weekend. Want to know when we found out she was swimming in it......Friday night....and we were supposed to be there at 7:30am the following morning...and it was a 30 minute drive. She was having company that night...a friend from swimming. The friend also found out that night that she was to swim...so a quick change of plans, called the girls mom, and the reality hit me that I was taking 3 kids to a swim meet with no help from T.C. BOOHOO! T.C. has been working since Sat. morning going in a little after 4am since there is a space shuttle mission up. Wew...it was a long day at the meet! Ha. Ali did well...she improved on all her times from the previous meet. Ok, so she might not be headed to the Olympics just yet...but she loves it. She has only been on the team since Sept. or Oct. She truly loves it and is really improving.

Clark has had better days. I will just start by saying...we love him...we really do...and thank goodness he is cute. Just kidding! He has been a little trying these days (ok, maybe a lot trying). We are having a little problem with his temper/anger and the fact that he doesn't like that we have authority over him. However, we are trying to be very consistent with consequences and not letting him get away with the whining and crying fits. For now it is one step forward and 2 steps back at times. However, we know he is a sweet boy and has such potential. For those of you out there with boys........tell us the tricks of the trade! We are used to having a girl. (and they are OH SO very different by the way)

This was a very funny observation from the 11 year old in our home. We were heading out of the house this morning to take Clark to storytime at the library. We recently got new neighbors on one side of us and the husband works 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off. He happened to be out in the yard this morning as we were leaving. We get in the van and Ali chimes in with a really funny look on her face "that lady at that house must be the one to work 'cause that man is out in the yard killing ants (we have fire ants down here in TX)...I was a little confused and asked what she meant. She explained that the husband was putting ant killer on ant beds and that his wife must be the one that worked. I explained that he works for several weeks and then is off. It was just cute to me that since I stay home and T.C. works that she thought it odd the possibly that it might be reversed in their home. SO yes Ali....some gals DO work outside the home. I just happen to be one of the crazy ones that wonders how in the world they do it. At the end of my days of schooling, laundry, housework, cooking, chasing a little one, heading off to swimming...when would there be time? Shew, I am tired just thinking about it.

I have to hit the sack...this is a totally random post...I know...it is late, what can I say?

1 comment:

Live the Life you Love, Love the Life you Live said...

Rach, I LOVE reading your blog! The reason? Your one of those rare breed women of kindred hearts who believes in "Live it and Share it", rather than, "Grin and Bare it." I LOVE that about you! You think it's midnight and your journaling to yourself and maybe a few family members, but in reality your affecting peoples lives just by SHARING your everyday trials and triumphs with others! You GO GIRL! Just keep blogging, just keep blogging!
I read your blog while you were overseas and thought to myself...if that girl can get through THAT, I can certainly deal with this petty stuff I have on my plate, stateside! Thank you for just being you, and having the unbelievably rich gift to gab that ALL of us LOVE about you!

So to answer your question in true Noffze fashion:
What do you guys keep in your vehicle at any given time?

Well, for me, we have graduated beyond the wet wipes and McDonalds toys and transitioned into:
A ROLL of paper towel, yep, mud, snow, pbj, juice- we work it!

Books, some on CD for times when MOM needs a break from the 'he touched me' and then we have paper ones for when MOM needs something to read while waiting the endless hours for one child or another to get done or be released from something.

Bible Study with compact bible, same reason as above!

CDs of different mood altering powers. Shrek for the 'lets get up and go' days, Sarah Groves for the 'I just need a hug days' and Casting Crowns for the 'everyones in the car and agrees upon' days.

Change for the parking meters

Hand Sanitizer because I'm a MOM an what MOM isn't freaky about germs?

Hand Lotion, lets face it we live in MN where the winter is -40. Ok, it's only -9 today, but it's a WARM day!

Gloves, same reason as above.

And lastly a triple D Airline grade aluminum MAG flashlight. You know what I'm talking about, light when you need it, and a blunt instrument of brute force too! What more can you ask for?

So now that I've taken up like half your blog in reply... have an awesome day, and just keep blogging girl, we love it!
http://noffze.blogspot.com