However, my sister in law, Sarah, wrote the funniest blog entry this week on her blog and I am going to copy some of it here. Sorry Sarah...but stealing yours is MUCH easier than coming up with my own! Not to mention the entire time I was reading yours I was going "uh huh...yep...no kidding!!" Ok, here it goes....
You know there is a toddler in your house when:
…it takes 5 minutes to open a door or cabinet.
…you don’t remember what it was like to go to the bathroom by yourself.
…you clean out your car and find a petrified goldfish cracker.
…you realize that puppies are not the only creatures who will eat paper, shoes, and food on the floor.
…you find yourself answering the same question 10,000 times.
…the most “popular” song you sing is “Old MacDonald had a Farm.”
…you find yourself eating mini corn dogs for lunch.
…you find yourself secretly laughing because someone (under the age of 4!) has passed gas during a meal…and has NO IDEA that it is funny or inappropriate.
….you can discipline a hysterical, yet inappropriate behavior (such as passing gas at the dinner table) with a stern and serious face while your spouse is across the table secretly laughing into his napkin.
…you find yourself driving in the car saying (w/ MUCH enthusiasm) things like “yes that IS a cherry picker.” “yes that IS a cornfield.” “yes that IS WalMart.”
… you aren’t embarrassed to wear stickers on your shirt (even in public).
Good job, Sarah! Now for a few of my own...
-to add to the going to the bathroom alone thing..I find it funny that Clark will open the bathroom door and want to talk to me..acting like he doesn't even realize where I am sitting. Meanwhile I am thinking "can't we talk about this in a second?"
-(this happened last night) I wanted some juice and grabbed a plastic kids cup off of the drying rack in the sink and T.C. asks me why I was drinking out of a kids cup when we have nice glasses? (Ummm, because that was easier!!!)
-we used to pride ourselves in a very neat house...now neat to us is when all the cars, trucks, trains, and Army men make it back to the baskets before bedtime...who cares if they are ALL over the floor the rest of the day!
-my purse now consists of fruit chews, sippy cups, disposable bibs, wet wipes, Hot Wheels...
Ok, I could go on...but this is probably getting a little boring. I will, however, share with you a day in the life of Rachel. This week Russie Clark had an appointment with the surgeon that will preform his circumcision on the 22nd. His appointment was at 10am in Galveston (about 20 minutes away). Well, we leave early so that we can stop by the social security office to apply for his social security card...along with ALL OF GALVESTON!!! We waited a few minutes, our number wasn't called...so we leave to head to the hospital to see the surgeon. We get called back rather quickly..I get a little full of myself thinking "wow, that wasn't bad at all"...we meet the doctor, hear the scoop...learn that if we want to go ahead with the surgery we need to go to 2 other visits while we are there. Ok...no problem...we get walked down to registration...enter the waiting room and HOLY COW...are there REALLY that many people waiting to register. I am seriously thinking of paying off some people, but decide I must wait my turn. It is now around 11:30...we finally get called back to the registration/finance office and find out how much this is going to set us back...OUCH...then when I regain consciousness...I find out we have to meet with the anesthesiologist...yep, you guessed it BACK to the waiting room. We again finally get called back...yada yada yada. Keep in mind that we are dragging our school books around, missed lunch, and have now missed nap! Ummm...he was finally lying on the floor with his cars and trucks. My first instinct was to shiver with the reality that he is LYING on the floor of a hospital...GROSS...then my mother side took over and thought "heck he's quiet for the most part." I heard an older lady tell another lady..."he is lying on the floor." I bit my tongue from saying "hey lady...I can pick him up off of this floor and hand him to you...could you do better?" Heehee...but I didn't! So...we finally leave the hospital around 2:15...grab some fast food and head back over to the social security office. Shew, I was tired when all of that was done!! For those mothers with 4 and 5 children...I quote Wayne's World in saying "I am not worthy!"
Clark is still doing great. He finally starting saying "yes" today. He had been saying "da" which is Russian. He also said "oopsy daisy" and "looka here." He surprises us all the time with a new English word. He is still jabbering his heart out and we usually just say "oh yes"...He also said "careful" the other night in the bath. It is funny knowing he is listening and hearing all that we say...even just the little sayings. We went to story time at the library this week. He loved it and did so well. However, it was rather funny as we were walking out to the car...Ali was going to have him jump off this thing and she was counting...1..2..3 and we both look down and at the say time say "oh my goodness"...his shorts were around his ankles. OOPS! Told you he was small...and those were 2T!
Just a few random pictures from this week....
![]() |
| pictures |

3 comments:
Just wondering where you buy the magic "sleep during lunch" chair...looked at Target and couldn't find them. Is it a Texas thing???
I NEED ONE!!!! :)
we aren't amazing rachel, we are just crazy to have so many children!! he sounds so darling!! those toddler years can be so delightful and so difficult all at the same time!!! i keep telling ben "only one more child to potty train, only one more child of terrible two's!!!"
Rachel, you don't give yourself enough credit.... your blog is as good as reading a book... I enjoy every minute of it. Everyday when I turn on the computer, the first thing I do is check your blog... It helps keep you all close. Keep those memories, Ali and Ruslan will be 23 before you turn around. It seems like yesterday that Craig was doing the things you are sharing. I still don't know where time has gone.
Thanks for sharing.
Love Claudis
Post a Comment