Well, today brought the news that Ruslan's passport will not be ready until Monday. Bummer! But, God did bless us with a taxi driver here that does speak a little English...and he agreed to drive us to Kiev on Monday. He is charging us a fair rate...which is a huge blessing...this trip has cost a nice bundle...as you might imagine.
Our visit with Ruslan Clark went well today. He was as cute as ever...of course! Ali bribed him with food and had him repeating some words. He has a cute little voice. He said "Mama, Papa, Ali, I love you, MiMi, Nona, Poppy"....we haven't figured out how to introduce T.C.'s dad (Papaw) to him yet....you see...over here they call fathers Papa instead of Daddy...so we aren't sure about that one! :)
I spoke with T.C. today...he had a meeting at Kennedy Space Center yesterday and today. He will return home Sat. evening, I believe.
Well, there really isn't any news around here.......it is a strange existence...wake up...go to the orphanage...find something to do all afternoon...then head to the orphanage again in the afternoon...have dinner...go to bed. Ha! Sound exciting? Ali is looking forward to getting home and seeing her friends. She is already planning a sleepover....ummmm, I told her Mommy gets a day off when we return home. Ha...yeah, right! The truth of the matter is that Mommy doesn't get a day off because Daddy has to get up early and go to work the next day....he has something that he can't get out of. Bummer! So it should be interesting with 3 of us suffering jet lag all at once...and one being a 3 year old that will be totally confused on top of it all.
I found a stroller at a shop today. I was so glad to find one. I had not seen any at all...but I knew I had to eventually walk into the correct store. And....finally...I did. I knew I would HAVE to have a stroller in the airport...with 2 plane changes. It will help out so much. I just hope I can pull my carry on and push a stroller. It should be an experience of a lifetime traveling from Ukraine to Houston with 2 kids....that will have gotten up around 4:00 AM to make our plane on time.
I will close for now. I will post as I know more about when we are leaving for Kiev!!!! You might here my shout from here. heehee
Friday, August 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so sorry you were not able to get Ruslan's passport. I know you are ready to have him full time. I sure wish they would let you have him for the week end so that you could spend some good quality time with him. Does he realize that he is going home to live with you guys. Tell Ali to help a lot on the trip home as I know she will. Be careful and God's speed Love you
Hello, Bummer... I too was wanting to read that you were leaving for Keiv today... and also, does Ruslan know he is leaving with you and Ali?
I am also glad that God placed a cab driver who speaks english, in your path...
Take care, safe travels...
Love Claudia
Hey Rachel,
I'm sorry to hear that you will not be able to get Ruslan's passport until Monday. We had the same problem with what the kids would call Daniel's dad. See all the grandkids called him Papa, so our kids (once they could speak English)just started calling him GranPapa, so all of the grandkids call him that now.
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and it will soon be over. You will look at this 1-3 years from now and laugh. It is such a blessing to be able to adopt a child. Our family has been blessed tremendously and so has yours.
On a lighter note, are you ready for Jason's Deli or maybe a Heath Candybar. We both will sit down and have one together and just let the kids play.
Kathy
Post a Comment