Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rachel...the unsung hero of our family

Let me begin by saying that I'm a sentimental sap from time to time...and now is one of those times. Going through 200+ pictures from Ukraine (see below); making reservations for the crew to come home; and talking to them long distance where I get to hear the joy, fatigue, despair, and hope in Rachel's voice each day has compelled me to say what has gone unsaid for too long...my lovely bride is the unsung hero of our family. While I get to zip around the world for the Air Force and NASA doing Lord-only-knows-what from day to day, Rachel not only manages but excels at making our house into our home whether we're in renting in Florida, living in ancient base housing in New Mexico, squeezing into a tiny apartment in Kentucky, or settling in to our first home in Texas. She's the best wife and best friend anyone could ever hope for, without a doubt.

So in a totally sappy mood tonight, I put together some pictures from the past few years. Some of them are serious, some of them are thankfully silly, but all of them have my beautiful bride in them...my 'hot wife' as I call her for fun. Anyway, for all you do for us every single moment of every day, I love you, my dear. You ARE everything to me...

6 comments:

Lori Rabb said...

Awwwwwwwww...that's all I can say about this T.C... Your family will be home soon!!!!!!
Take Care, Much Love,
Lori, Bryan, John & Christopher

Anonymous said...

T.C.!!! Why did you have to go and do something like that? Now you've made my eyes leak. You ARE a sentimental sap, aren't you?!? :)

Seriously, that was just beautiful and I know Rachel will treasure it forever.

2 DAYS AND COUNTING!!! YAYYYY!!!

Love to all,
Millie (Biddie)

The Malone Family said...

Ok.... I have cried more thru this adventure, than I have in a long time.
I have to say, Rachel is not only all the above but, she is a great friend. I truly miss her smiling face here in Louisville. I know God has called her to Texas but, here in Louisville, I miss her. Rachel, you are awesome. You seem so quiet but, under that quiet face is a true fighter. You are missed, and loved here in Louisville. I have truly been blessed by your spirit, friendship, and determination.

Hang in there, you are almost home. Love, Claudia

Tim and Kym Couch said...

TC, we just wanted to say what a neat and beautiful video. Great job!

Every day is a banquet said...

What a wonderful segue from one chapter to the next. It was beautiful and showed a lot of emotions, which both Sally & I shared. We can only imagine the love that is shared in your family.

Please keep the blog going. We are hooked on the progress and look forward to the updates and eventually meeting the new guy.

Love

Bill and Cheryl Flook said...

That is SO unbelievably beautiful! Congratulations on your love and your new son.
Cheryl