It is so strange being here and doing the same things day in and day out. I am used to being at home and constantly running here and there with Ali. This has been so different for me.
Ok Kathy....so why did you have to go and bring Jason's Deli into this? Huh, tell me why!!!!! heehee....we sometimes joke around here about where we would like to eat when we get home or what we miss eating. Today our friends, the Seals, mentioned glazed donuts...YUM! They don't have donuts here. We also talked about Texas Roadhouse...and I have wanted Mexican food like crazy. I am used to eating that like once a week back home. Yes Kathy...we will have to share a treat and let the kids play....that sounds sooooo good right about now! We miss you guys...Ali will SOOOO look forward to playing with the kids again.
Well, today between visits Mom, Ali, and I did a little shopping. We still lacked some souvenirs to take home...so we went in search of some. (don't worry, T.C., they don't take credit cards...haha) I still need to pick up a couple of more things...but I found what I wanted for the most part. I really wanted to take quite a few things home from Ukraine to put around the house. We want Ruslan (Clark) to know we love his birth country....and want him to feel like his birth country is woven into our family. I want to be able to pull things out on Christmas, etc. that are from Ukraine....I think that will be neat for him.
We will pack up our things tomorrow......YIPPY SKIPPY!! However, we still do not know what time we will be leaving town. The sooner the better! I can't wait to pick up Russie from the orphanage. I just wonder what his reaction will be? He had a great day today at our visits. Ali wanted to bring the stroller to see what he would do. He loved it....had a huge smile on his face while she pushed him around.
I am having trouble logging into my email account...so I am going to put a couple of notes here to people I can't seem to email. Suzanne...why were you in the hospital? I hope everything is OK! Email me soon. April, we found some marigold plants today and we picked a ton of seeds for you. I will bring them when we come to Louisville or either I can mail them to you. I think we will keep some and plant them also...what a great idea! I love hearing your stories that you have posted of your experiences! I will be emailing you about questions regarding how it went with getting Hailey settled in at home, etc. Miss Faye...so glad you are able to keep up with us. Can't wait for you to see Ruslan...very cute if I might say so myself. ;)
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thank Goodness, Thank Goodness, Thank Goodness...the packing up to leave is in order!! I know you will be so glad to get home and start getting little Ruslin (Clark) settled into his beautiful new home and family.
Ali, I know, will be a huge help in getting around in the airports...don't sweat about that. I've seen the pictures of her with little Ruslin (Clark) with the HUGE smiles..she loves her little brother already. Like they say "Thank heaven for little girls"...my boys on the other hand would just shrug it off & say "your on your own dude"...LOL..just joking of course; they would have to be bribed..LOL.
Anyway, I'm soo glad the passport thing will be in the past as of Monday. Prayers answered..that's for sure.
Once again, be safe y'all & much love,
Lori, Bryan, John & Christopher
Post a Comment