Well, we are days 2 post hurricane...and T.C. is going stir crazy. He had an extremely hectic morning as he awoke to a horrible rain storm (which wasn't exactly what he needed with an already leaky roof!). Needless to say, he spent all morning placing/emptying/replacing bowls all over the upstairs. There are multiple spots that are leaking through from our attic. I think he said there is even a place on Ali's wall that was wet. We don't know what all will have to be done when it comes to the repairs. He also said we lost one of our shutters to an upstairs bedroom window and it hit his car on the way down...think he has some scratches. (just icing on the proverbial cake) We are still thankful and blessed as we know it could have been much worse. We dread the clean up...shampooing carpets, repairs, painting, bleaching...
On a positive note, a company hired by our insurance company is coming by on Tuesday afternoon to tarp the roof. We are very glad about this. T.C. has used every towel in the house with leaks...with no way to wash/dry them. Like T.C. said...it will look like a big tent. Ha! Anyone that has been through a hurricane knows the blue tarps!!
We still don't know when we will have power. T.C. said an area near our house got power today...so we are hopeful. We would like to all be together again.
I will update when there is other news.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so glad to hear you all made it through the storm alright. I guess your Mom and Dad's house is alright, too. I am so happy that you didn't flood. Let me know how it's going and if you need any help.
Love,
Libby
I am also thrilled that you did not flood! Thank you for the updates. I can certainly understand dreading the cleanup. I hope you have helpers!!!
Darlene
i hope repairs can happen quickly and you get cleaned out in a timely manner. as if you aren't busy enough with schooling and such, right??
thanks again for listening to me this morning vent over our own crazy decisions on top of this all. you are a gem rachel!! hope you arrive home safely!
Post a Comment