Saturday, September 13, 2008

Safe from Hurricane Ike...

We are all safe and very thankful today. The children and I evacuated Thursday to family in Louisiana. T.C. stayed behind to care for our house. I was a nervous wreck last night...all night. Here in Louisiana we got more wind than I have probably ever endured. It literally whipped all night. I couldn't get in touch with T.C. until this morning...I was beside myself. He lost power at home, of course, and is limited to what battery is left on his cell phone. Once his cell runs out of battery, we will not have any way to communicate. As of now, we aren't sure how long we will be without power at home. We lost power here last night, but regained it around noon. We were quite thankful. As for damage...as of a few hours ago we had lost a lot of shingles from the roof, rain blew in our attic and has caused about 10 damp spots on ceilings throughout the house, and we lost a lot of our backyard fence. That is all I know of right now. I went ahead and called our insurance company and got a claims number. We will see. Just thought I would give what limited info that I have.

2 comments:

{darlene} said...

We are/have been praying for you and anxiously awaiting updates! We will be praying specifically for T.C.'s safety! I also hope that your home is okay.
In prayer,
Darlene and Matt and family

Kathy Bryson said...

We're glad you're all safe! We've been thinking of you and praying for you as well. Take care, and we'll pray that the damage isn't significant.
Kathy Bryson and family