Well, as luck would have it...the tarp people were supposed to be at our house between 7am-7pm today to tarp the roof. Well, we left the house at 6pm to come and search for WIFI somewhere and they STILL weren't there yet. Ugh. Wonder if we will be pleasantly surprised when we get home and have a blue tarped roof? We aren't holding our breath.
We still don't have our cable service...so therefore no internet or phone either. Bummer. But, we are thankful for power. We talked to some friends at church last night that are still without power. So...we are at McDonald's right now PAYING for WIFI, something we said we would never do..haha! We won't be doing this often.
Our little nephew is doing great, from what we hear. A tiny little squirt, but we are hearing he is quite cute. I will definitely post pictures when I have some. I haven't even seen a picture of him as of yet.
It was strange driving back to our home for the first time since old Ike hit. It looked a little like a war zone. Pretty much our entire neighborhood lost their fences. A little weird seeing into everyone's backyards. They mostly have roof damage as well. The roofing companies are going to be very busy around here. We don't have a clue how long the wait will be for our insurance to be taken care of....weeks, months?
The kids have been troopers through it all...pack up...rush off to grandparents...worry about their dad being in the middle of the storm...wait a few days....pack up and rush back home to a damaged neighborhood. We have tried to stress to them just how fortunate we are.
I will run...need to get the kids home.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Rach, I hope all your repairs go quickly with the least amount of stress and waiting. Wedding is in January now. We will definitely be letting everyone know the date. I love your pictures and blogs.
Post a Comment