Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Going on a boat.......

A glimpse into my day....
I was cooking dinner the other night when Clark came into the kitchen with a sock cap, gloves, and cowboy boots on (on the wrong feet)...and dragging a suitcase. I chuckled and asked him why he needed a hat and gloves on. I mentioned that it was hot outside and he surely didn't need those. He looked up at me quite seriously and said "I need it, I am going on a boat...and the space shuttle...I be cold" Well, okie dokie then little mister. Can you tell his dad works for NASA? (what 4 year old normally says he is going up on the space shuttle..heehee)

Our little man had his first day of Mother's Day Out on Monday, then again today. He seems to really be enjoying it. I haven't gotten all that much out of him except that they had church (chapel) Monday, a man played the guitar, they played, and colored. He is eating like a monster. Both days I packed what I thought was too much food...and his lunch box came home empty. This is funny...Clark was telling me that he didn't want me to leave him at school on Monday. So, I walked him into his room and stayed a minute. He again told me "don't leave me Mama"...then two seconds later he said "bye-bye Mama." (I am pretty sure he was thinking "don't let the door hit ya on the way out...") Ha! The teacher was rolling.

Ali has her first middle school Bible study tonight at church. She is nervous. It is for 6-8th graders.

Ike is looming out in the gulf, unfortunately. So, we are watching in anticipation. We hope it doesn't head straight for us. We are just praying for God to calm the storm!

Here are a few pictures of Clark on Monday and a few others.
From First day of school...

2 comments:

{darlene} said...

Praying that you are ok through all of this crazy hurricane stuff!
Your pictures are adorable. I love the ones of Clark's first day. He is a cutie. How did Ali's bible study go? Oh, and how did YOU do, sending your littlest one off?
Darlene

Kay said...

i hope you reached your safe haven with little to no problems. i did get your message, but much later in the evening. we are praying for you earnestly!! i can't imagine having to pack up the 'essentials' from a house full of memories to run for safety. WOW!!