Thursday, September 25, 2008

Finally up and running!!

Yippy skippy....our cable returned yesterday afternoon! That means we now have our t.v., internet, and home phone. I am so happy about that. I shouldn't complain, we have friends that are still without power. I am sure she wanted to smack me when I complained about cable....she would settle for some AC and lights!

For those that haven't lived in a hurricane prone area....here is a little highlight. After power is restored to SOME gas stations, the lines are way down the street to get gas....for days. Station will run out of gas and have to shut down until they can be refilled. Grocery stores (the ones that have power) only sell non-perishable foods due to loosing all frozen foods and dairy from the loss of power. It was impossible to find milk for days. I, thankfully, brought some back from Louisiana with us. I also grocery shopped in Louisiana before returning home. We were thankful to have plenty of food.

Needless to say, we are so glad that life is returning to a more normal state. The insurance adjuster is coming by on Sunday for his walk through. We are anxious to see what exactly they are going to do.

Clark had his post op appointment yesterday. He has healed fine from his adenoidectomy. The ENT wrote a referral for speech therapy. He said because of the enlarged adenoids, he compensated by incorrectly learning some sounds. He seems to think that it will not take many sessions, and that we will learn exercises to do at home.

As of tomorrow, our weeks will be back to normal. Clark started back to preschool on Wed., gymnastics today, and Ali resumes guitar lessons and swim team tomorrow. She will be swimming as much as possible this next week. She will be participating in her first out of town swim meet next weekend in Austin at UT. (and has been out of swimming for over 2 weeks with the storm)

Well, no pictures to post tonight...hopefully this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled to hear that you are finally up and running and getting back to normal. I hope everything went well with the claim adjuster. Going through hurricane is not fun huh? People love living in South but do not realive the hurricane season can be terrible. Give all our love
Ms Faye and Uncle Robbievwvfbi

{darlene} said...

unbelievable stuff! I am so glad you thought to get milk. That was so smart!

I love to hear the updates on Clark... hopefully his speech will adjust with leaps and bounds.

Good luck getting back into the swing of things!

Darlene

Kay said...

i wish i could see ali compete!! can't wait to hear how speech therapy goes, we might have to do that with joshy. he is still sluggish in the mouth with his speaking. glad to have you back on board!!