Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our weekend getaway......

In true Judd fashion what started out to be a nice, romantic weekend.....ended up with me at the urgent care center getting a steroid injection and prescription for yet MORE steroids. YEP!! Oh well...better luck to us next time! Ha!

My parents came into town on Friday so that T.C. and I could head up to downtown Houston for the National Guard marriage enrichment seminar (that he was helping teach). Started out great...met the other chaplain wives...yada yada yada...have our Friday evening session, head to bed....only to wake up with an allergic reaction to something which resulted in HIVES!! Yes, I was pretty much miserable...but thank goodness the hotel shop carried Benadryl. I made it through the Saturday sessions (which lasted from 8am-4pm)...albeit a little drowsy from the medicine. Well, we had a nice romantic evening planned beginning with a nice dinner downtown. But in all actuality we ended up going on a group date with the other chaplains and their wives and ended with me crashing in our bed from taking 2 Benadryl. Yeah, not the weekend we had anticipated. Well, the Benadryl kept me fairly comfortable until 5am...made it through our morning sessions and headed back home...T.C. put the pedal to the medal and got me to the urgent care center. Doc said "yep, you had an allergic reaction...we don't know what caused it...but I have what it takes to fix it"...I said "do what you have to do!!" So in walks the nurse with the steroid shot...informs me that it has to go into the muscle in my hip...but fails to inform me that the intense pain afterwards would cause me to about pass out. THANKS!! But here I am 4 hours later SOOOOOOO glad I went to the doctor, despite the pain. My itching has subsided quite a bit. YIPPY! Now I have to take 5 days worth of oral steroids. I am so thankful for the relief...it was beginning to scare me a little as I was having some joint swelling, etc. Still not sure what caused it, didn't eat anything out of the ordinary. T.C. says it was because I was so stressed about leaving Clark for the first time. I haven't spent a night away from him since we brought him home. The thought of it did stress me a little...but I didn't feel stressed enough to cause this. Sheesh!! Who knows. Come to find out Clark was GREAT for my parents...very obedient, sweet, a snuggle bunny, etc. YIPPY!! Though he did end up calling several times because he "want talk to Mama." SWEET!!!

Enough about that...Ali and Clark had a great time with Nona and Poppy this weekend. They kept them busy with activities and going out for ice cream, etc. Saturday they went to Space Center Houston and fought the vacation crowd. Today they went to Galveston and rode the ferry, and ate lunch at a restaurant on the water. Sounds fun to me! We so appreciate them coming here to keep the children.

This coming Friday Clark will be evaluated by an ENT to see if there is a medical reason for his nasal speech. We are anxious to see what he says, and anxious to begin speech therapy if there is not a medical reason.

That about sums up our weekend. No pictures to add. I am hoping my parents took some, but I haven't asked.

3 comments:

Kay said...

i am so sorry you got knocked out!! what on earth, and you have no way to avoid it next time, cause you don't know what 'it' is. wowzers!! i am glad you are on the other end of this whole thing though!!!

{darlene} said...

whew. I want to get away with my hubby! I bet you want to do it again, but without the hives. why does murphy's law strike with such accuracy? hives? really?? now, come on!

Sarah said...

Eegads. We were just chatting this wknd about the steroid shots I got while I was pregnant. I said to Brad..."Do you remember the size of that needle!?!" I had to get 2. The first was not so bad bc I didn't know what was coming...let's just say for the 2nd I was holding on to the bed for dear life.
I feel your pain sister. owie.