While Ali was away, T.C. and I took Clark to a place called Jumpin' Jungle. It was a place with all types of inflatable bouncy things. OH MY GOODNESS...he had the best time. After bouncing for a solid hour, he was pretty pooped....oh, and so was Clark. Ha!!
Ali swam in the Reserve Meet on Saturday. She did well, and was glad she swam so well in the summer league. (not that we are heading to the Olympics or anything..ha!)
We take Ali to her second camp on Sunday afternoon. This will be her first "real" camp. (overnight) She will be there from Sunday late afternoon through noon on Friday. She is so excited. I just hope she can keep all of her stuff together and make it home with everything. (she isn't known for her super organizational skills..haha) I hope I can get everything crammed into one bag (towels, toiletries, shoes, clothes, beach towel, sunscreen, etc.). There is quite the packing list. They even have to take a pair of jeans and long sleeve shirt...ok people, we are in TEXAS! What were they thinking when they wrote that list? Ugh! I guess it is for the night they go camping to help with mosquitoes maybe? I am going to pack each days clothes in individual giant Ziplocs. Ali also isn't known for her fashion sense. I know she is 11, and most girls her age LOVE fashion....but Ali...not so much. She probably won't be so thrilled with this prospect.
It has been so interesting lately...several families have contacted us regarding adopting from Ukraine. We gave our agency permission to use us as contacts in their Ukraine program. It has been so fun retelling our story and thankful other children will have a family. It makes me very happy...but a little amazed that we have been home almost a whole year now. That is crazy! This time last year we were frantically preparing for our trip of a lifetime! I have also been corresponding with another family that adopted from the same orphanage that Clark was in. They adopted a beautiful little girl back in February. It has been fun seeing their pictures with the same children in them.
I felt like Superwoman today......I grocery shopped with 4 children. Yes, 4...and did quite well actually. Ok, so I forgot a few items...what's new? I was babysitting today and we were in desperate need of groceries...so what's a gal to do...drag them all along! Ha!
Here are some pictures from our week...
![]() |
| goofing around.... |

No comments:
Post a Comment