I forgot to add some Clark "funnies" to my post the other day. Ali and I were petting our cat, Angel, the other day and Clark walks up and says "Angel is sooooo prettiful"...it took us a minute to realize he meant beautiful. Isn't that cute? The other night at dinner we were clowning around and I was telling Clark something and he told me "you are driving me crazy"....wonder where in the world he heard that? Hummm! His favorite song these days is "I like to move it move it I like to move it..." He will sing his heart out!
Has everyone enjoyed their summer? It is flying by incredibly fast here. I can't believe it is the end of July already. (and Ali can't believe school is about to start back) We have enjoyed our summer very much. This weekend was spent shopping for new cell phones, after a little mishap at swimming yesterday. It seems Ali "misplaced" my cell phone at swim practice yesterday morning. I sometimes send her to practice with my phone so that she can call if they get out of practice early. However, it didn't make it home this time. We went back in search of it, but it had vanished. Soooo....out phone shopping we did go. Thank goodness we were actually eligible for upgrades. It was just a bummer because I lost all of my phone numbers. So that is what I spent too long last night doing...programing my new phone. Then, the rest of the afternoon we spent in search of the perfect mattress. Aaahhh....ours is shot and we have put it off for far too long. Ok people....I will just say that there are WAY TOO many mattress choices out there. Eeek! Was that just about enough boring information for you?
On to other things...like our upcoming Happy Adoption Day! I have been reminiscing quite a bit the last few weeks. I can't believe a year has come and gone since our adoption became final. It seems impossible. We waited what felt like an eternity to bring Clark home, now a year has passed. We have been trying to get him excited about his big day coming up on Friday. We were telling him the other night before bed time about it and he was getting so giddy with excitement, though we know he doesn't fully understand it. When we were explaining he had been part of our family for a year he proudly announced, "UKRAINE"...yes our son, that is where it all began. One year ago I knew that I would love our son completely, I was pretty sure I would feel the same way about him that I feel for Ali...surely biology didn't matter, right? But now I know with confidence that I do love him completely and biology DOES NOT matter. He is our son, that is all that matters. Love is not bound by the blood that runs through our veins. Adoption is very much a miracle gift given to us by God. How far has our son come in a year? Wow, he is such a resilient little guy. He left his home country, the only place he had ever known, to be part of a family. He waved good-bye to the children he had grown up with, and the caregivers that had given of themselves to care for him. He proudly left the orphanage, and ran to our waiting taxi...ready for his new life. It was as though God had prepared his heart for just that moment in time. He excitedly loaded our plane in Kiev, Ukraine bound for a new land. He overcame food issues, a new language, new faces, having freedom and choices for the first time, and most importantly he was introduced to our Father in Heaven. He is learning about his Savior, someone he had more than likely never heard about. How beautiful that is to be an eyewitness to. He learned his first Bible verse this past week. A soft answer turns away wrath. Proverbs 15:1. God is so good. Does he have a ways to go? Absolutely. He still needs reassurance in areas, he is still very much a creature of a schedule, still likes to eat a little too much, he is by nature a whiny boy, still needs a little warning on changes, etc. But those things are so minor when compared to the big picture. He doesn't seem interested in learning colors and shapes....he honestly doesn't care if it is red, green, purple, a triangle, or the number 20. He wonders why in the world that is of importance. It will all come in time...I am confident. Though he has managed to memorize a lot of "The Lord's Prayer" and recites it with us in church every Sunday morning. I feel certain that is more important anyway. He is just on his own timetable. So would we do it again.....in a heartbeat! In fact, I am ready to adopt again. So if someone were to drop a large chunk of change in our laps any time soon.....Ukraine, here we come!! Heehee...but since that is not likely to happen...we will wait to see what the Lord leads us to do.
I sat in worship this morning with my arm around our precious daughter, and our sweet son on the other side playing with a couple of Hot Wheels. I thought to myself "how blessed am I." Thank you Lord. The pastor pointed us to the cross of Christ and how nothing in this life is for certain except for that. Only our eternity through the cross is certain. Things in this life will disappoint us, but we have confidence in the cross. What a great reminder.
![]() |
| Then.....a |

No comments:
Post a Comment