Ali swam in 6 events between the two days...her last being a 200 meter freestyle. She was exhausted after that! She did well...all we ever ask of her is to do her best. That is all we can ask of her. We don't care if she comes in first or last, if it is her best. What I have really enjoyed seeing her learn is what being part of a team means. Learning to encourage the other team members, even though some are much stronger swimmers than she is! I love that. I love to hear her tell a friend that she did great, even though I know it stings a little that one of her friends is a super talented swimmer and comes in first a lot. They cheer each other on, help each other out, and encourage one another. That is what I hope she takes from this experience!
Our poor little Clark man got TWO bloody noses this week! As if spinning around on the trampoline and hitting one of the poles wasn't enough, he ran into another pole at the pool today and it happened again. He doesn't really look where he is going...like EVER! I was holding his hand and watched it happened, but couldn't do anything about it. I hate situations like that...where you want to protect them, but it is too late. I look over and his poor nose was pouring blood. We were so glad he didn't hit his teeth! Let's just say between the bloody noses and a few falls scraping up parts of his legs...he has had a rough few days. Hopefully we will have an accident free week. I should get used to the scrapes though...with having a boy, right?
Hope everyone has a great week....it is after 9:00pm and we have been gone all weekend. I will close this for now.
![]() |
| swim meet |

1 comment:
Of all the great pics of your kids, and I feel compelled to say: That was a GREAT picture of your cat!!!
Post a Comment