Ok...so here is a visual for you...as of Sunday, we are some of the newest members of Hope Lutheran Church. We were supposed to go down front during worship with the other 6 families that were joining at the same time. We do, and we thought all was going to be fine. Then it happened, Clark decided he didn't want to JUST stand down front...why not lie down where we take communion...yes, that sounded perfect to him. So he does...we try to ignore it...and then he decides lying down is a little boring...why not kick his feet all around in the air. T.C. was closest to him...so I lean over and ask him to please grab Clark...he does...but we quickly find out that moving is just not on his list of things to do right then. So he puts up a squirmy, whiny, etc. fight. We TRY to act like all is well...hoping everyone just ignores the noise coming from the small child that T.C. is holding on to. Shew, we were a little relieved when we were able to head back to our pew! Then, the church held a potluck lunch for all of the new members...that is where the pastor introduced us all by name. We would stand up from our table so that people could see who we were. Here is our introduction from our pastor..."and this is T.C. and Rachel Judd, their daughter, Ali...and son, handful Clark." Everyone got a big kick out of that while T.C. and I were just shaking our heads! He later comes over to our table and tells us that he can say that because he has a 3 year old grandson that acts the same way...Ha! At least we are not alone.
Clark for sure can be a handful these days, however, he also brings unspeakable joy to our lives. His language is coming along everyday. It was funny over the weekend he had told me something several times because I kept asking him to repeat it (I didn't understand him)...he finally looked at me and said "uh, I told you 2 times." T.C. said, "well I guess he told you." Yes, I suppose so! As of April 16th, he will have been home 8 months. I just can't believe it. The time is passing so quickly. Before I know it he will be heading off to college....haha, ok, getting a little ahead of myself.
![]() |
| Mickey shirts |

No comments:
Post a Comment