We woke up this morning and planned to taking the kids to ride the trolley along the beach in Galveston. We get there....and the trolleys were not running today. Just our luck. Clark was not very happy about that. However, there was a neat bird show going on that we were able to watch. The kids also HAD to go to their favorite old fashion candy/ice cream shop and watch the man make taffy (they do a demonstration every Sat.) and catch a few free pieces they he tosses out. Ali loves salt water taffy, and always talks me into letting her get a couple of dollars worth. We surprised the kids afterwards and took them to have lunch at Rainforest Cafe'. It is so expensive that we do not go often...Clark had never been. He was mesmerized by the entire inside of the restaurant. When the thunderstorms would start, and the animals started moving...it scared him a little. I walked him around when we got there and he liked the gorillas from a distance, but when I asked if I could sit him down to get a picture...he said "no, too scary!" He was brave enough to touch the elephant's trunk and would you believe that right when we reached over to touch it that it started to move and he about jumped out of his skin. I felt so bad. But, all in all he enjoyed being there. That is one of Ali's favorite places to go. Though she has only been to Rainforest Cafe' about a handful of times in her life at different locations. It is a special treat when she does go.
Clark was invited to his first real birthday party today. It was a pirate party where they had a live interactive little pirate show.He had a great time...though it got a little long for Mama! A zillion screaming kids running around for almost 3 hours got to be a bit much. Hahaha...but in the van heading home he said it was really fun, so it was worth it. It was a little boy from gymnastics class.While we were partying it up...arrrrghhhh matey, Ali and T.C. went to a movie and had some great Daddy/daughter time.
1 comment:
Rachel! I am thrilled to see that I am not the only psycho mommy that refers to Kool-aid as crap! You go girl. Loved the pics of the kids. I think Ali and Clark have the same smile. How sweet!!
Post a Comment