Ali has already informed me that she is just too excited to sleep tonight. We will see how that pans out! It will be so good to see friends and family that we haven't seen in so long.
This weekend was very difficult. It is never easy to try and say good-bye to someone that you loved so much. However, I just imagine my uncle dancing with the angels and not being in any pain...ever again. Our selfish side just still wants him here with us, yet we know he is in a much better place. Aside from the sadness, it was so wonderful to see members of my family that I had not seen in quite some time! Some had not met Clark...so he tried his best to not get caught and kissed by everyone that walked by him! Heehee! He was a mess and FULL of energy the entire time. We were a little nervous that he wouldn't make it through the funeral "with his quiet voice"...but he did...to our surprise. However, the graveside service was a little different. I do recall during one prayer a certain someone repeating over and over "what...what...what." (and I believe T.C. may have mentioned to that certain someone to "be nice"...and that certain someone said quite loudly.."you be nice"...ok, so that was kind of funny!!)
The theme in our house as of late is "BECAUSE I SAID SO." It seems our dear son has become quite fond of the word WHY! I mean...it gets repeated at least 100 times a day. I have gotten a little tired of explaining myself and have resulted to just saying "because Mama said so." Lame...I know! However, I just seem to run out of explanations!
Clark had his second gymnastics class today. There were more oooohhh's and aaaaaahhhh's from the teachers again this week. They can't believe how strong he is for being so little. They were working on cartwheels today and he just leaned over and went from standing to a handstand all by himself. Pretty incredible! We will never have any money at this rate.....everything will be going to swimming or gymnastics...we will be eating beans! Ha!
Well, I am off to begin packing! I will try and update while we are out of town. I am posting a few pictures from this weekend.
![]() |
| Shreveport |

1 comment:
Hello
This is Stacy Kirkland. It was nice to read some of your comments you posted on our blog. This whole experience just amazes me. I gave Marina your card the night we arrived here to the hotel. She then showed us your family photo the day we had court. You have a beautiful family. Just wanted to say thanks fro all the info you gave us prior to leaving fro Ukraine. Have a great day.
Post a Comment