What a title, right? What can I say...I am about to head out to VBS and don't feel very creative right now. Since I last posted, Ali spent a week at a Lutheran camp with friends, Clark had a busy "social" calendar, T.C. spent several days in Washington D.C., and our precious nephew had open heart surgery! It has been busy around here. For starters Ali had a fantastic time at camp last week. However, the laundry that comes back is always disgusting! Ha...just part of it...what did I expect. They went canoeing, swimming, archery, challenge courses, Bible study, met new friends, and the list could go on and on. She loves that camp and is already looking forward to next summer. They offer a family weekend camp that we might look into. While Ali was at camp, T.C. went on a business trip...that just left Clark and me. I didn't realize a 5 year old could have such a busy social life. Ha! He had a play date at McDonald's with a friend, watched a friend's pool being dug another day, went to a movie with friends, etc. It kept me busy! He also had swim lessons the past 2 weeks. He loved it, but not real sure what he actually got out of it. I will be signing him up for another round of lessons with someone else.
Ali had an all weekend swim meet this past weekend, right after camp. Actually on our way home from camp we stopped off in Houston so she could swim one event Friday night. We returned Saturday and Sunday for the other 6 events. She was exhausted from camp, but she did fine. She swam her first 400 freestyle. She was nervous about the distance, but she did well. This Saturday she will be swimming in a champ meet for the summer league. I think we might get a break from meets for a short time after that.
This week Ali and I are helping with VBS at our church. We are working in the craft station. Clark loved his first day yesterday. He talked non stop on the way home telling us what all they did. He did have a mishap with his glasses though. During the ending assembly in the sanctuary, a child bumped into him and the glasses went flying and were stepped on. OOPS! However, they were able to be bent back...thank goodness.
Our little nephew, Kai, had open heart surgery to repair the hole in his heart. He did great and is home already! What a blessing. I hear that he looks 100% better now. His coloring is good, he has energy, and he is eating much better. Can't wait to see his "post surgery" new self.
Well, I will post pictures later.....gotta run to get Ali from morning swim practice and make it to VBS on time.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment