I am getting worse instead of getting better at this blogging thing! I'm not sure what's up with that. I guess I feel like my weeks are repetitive and therefore not usually "blog worthy" if you will.One day leads to the next, and before I know it, yet another week has flown by. I am looking forward to the approach of summer. Things might slow down a bit, and I can perhaps enjoy some laid back time with the kids. It is nice when we don't have deadlines with schoolwork, and preschool to run off to. The kids will have their usual activities of swim team, gymnastics, and hopefully some swim lessons for Clark. Somehow though, summer seems a little more carefree. Ahhh, I look forward to it.
The countdown has begun for our vacation. We leave 3 weeks from Sunday to head down to the "happiest place on earth"....Disney World. The children are so excited. (ok, the big kid is too...and that would be ME!) I have such fond memories of going there as a child, that I want our kiddos to have that too! We will be getting 5 day hopper passes and plan on visiting all of the parks along with one of the water parks. It is such a blessing that they are having a special for military right now and giving away a 5 day pass to the military member (and we LOVE free!!) and only charging $99 for the other family members! What a great deal. It is saving us quite a bit of money. I also found a great rate at one of the Disney value resorts. I go a little overboard on all the vacation planning, but hopefully it will pay off in the end. We have reservations for a character meal with all of the Winnie the Pooh characters. Clark should enjoy that. We wanted to do the same character meal that we did last time, when Ali was 7. However, it was already booked....who knew you needed to plan your meals 3 MONTHS ahead of time. Jeepers! Hopefully it will be a week filled with many wonderful memories that we will think back on for years to come.
Clark had his first soccer game last Saturday. T.C. was sad that he had to miss it. It was his National Guard weekend, so he had to work. Well, the game was definitely "America's Funniest Home Videos" worthy!! It was hysterical. Clark sure had enough enthusiasm. He would get so pumped when ANY goal was scored...even if it wasn't his team member. Ha! The kids would generally kick it into whatever goal was closests to them, regardless if it was the correct one or not. Clark is turning out to be quite the ball hog. He got tackled a few times as a result of that. Oh maybe the rules will click in the coming weeks.
Ali made good grades on her last report card...all A's and a B. Thank goodness she got her daddy's brains. I think she is looking forward to this being her last 9 weeks of the school year. She has another big swim meet next weekend. It is at the University of Houston. She is really wanting to join the community summer swim team again. It is hard juggling 2 different swim teams, different practices, different meets...not sure yet what we are going to do. She swam on that summer team 2 summers in a row, and really looks forward to it. Oh the things we do for our children, like live at the pool all summer long in the 100 degree heat. :)
Ali got her braces off last week. To say she was excited is an understatement. After 4years of having first expanders and braces, a small break with permanent retainers, and then braces again, she was ready! Her teeth look beautiful. (thank goodness, after all the $$$ spent..haha)
We hope you are enjoying spring. It is lovely with all the flowers and trees in bloom. The warmth in the air, and the wind in the trees. For us Texans, it is a much appreciated time of nice weather before the heat of summer arrives.
I hope you join us, as we try and turn our focus to Jesus' empty tomb. May we anticipate the celebration of the resurrection this Easter weekend. I am so undeserving of what Christ did for me at the cross. But so thankful he paid the price for OUR sins! Thank you Jesus.
Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks. Clark attended an Easter egg hunt at the church where he goes to preschool...the bunny was there too! He was so excited.
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment