Nothing new around here really. We are trying to get estimates for our fence. We need our entire fence replaced. Can you say it with me........cha-ching!! Yikes. We hope our neighbors are willing to pay their portion. We are supposedly only responsible for half of the fence, but we seem to be the only ones READY to get it replaced! I am a little tired of the ghetto look in our backyard. The orange plastic temporary fencing is not so cute.
Clark seems to be doing well with his speech therapy. I love the therapist, she is SO patient and sweet. She is really trying to get him to focus on the hypernasal sounds. It is going to take some work on his part...we'll get there.
He loved exchanging Valentine's at school this week. He brought home a bag of goodies. He has been taking huge Reese's hearts to all of teachers. He loved doing that. He wanted to bring flowers to his music (hand bells and choir) teacher at church. Isn't that funny? (but we just stuck with the chocolate) A girl in his class wanted to give Clark a special "big" Valentine. The mother thought it was so funny that she had to stop me the other day and tell me. She said when they were shopping for the class Valentine's, the daughter said "I want to give Clark a big one." I thought that was too precious! Such a ladies man....haha.
Ali is just swimming her heart out. She has another swim meet in 2 weekends. She is also thinking about playing in the "strings" band for the Lenten season at church on Wednesday nights. She is going to take a look at the music this week to see if she can play it. Our music director was so excited to find out that she plays the guitar. It will be good for her to play in front of a group and to get comfortable with that. God has given her a talent that I want her to learn to share for His glory!
God gave me the MOST precious moment this morning. He does things right when we need them the most. Ali has swim practice on Saturday mornings from 8-10am, and this is one of my days to drive (we carpool with another family). I usually take Clark to a McDonald's playland to play for a while during the wait. This morning was a little rough, he got in bed too late last night...and I had to wake him up too early this morning. Needless to say...he was a little whiny! I was trying to do a little of his speech therapy homework in the van before we headed to McDonald's...there were a few tears shed...and a little frustration coming from the mom, I admit! However, we make it to McDonald's, order our food, and start eating. After a few minutes, a nice man (maybe early 50's or so) comes up to our table and rubs Clark's arm. He told me what a precious boy I had, and what a blessing he was. The entire short time he talked he was just staring intently at Clark...it was beautiful. He almost looked like he had tears in his eyes. It was very touching. I just told him thank you and that yes, he was a blessing. The man then just walked off. It left me wondering if this man had gone through something sad with a child, but I will never know. However, it also instantly reminded of this wonderful blessing that sat right before me eating his sausage biscuit. He is SUCH a blessing, and I was very thankful for that reminder! We will always be grateful for the children God has entrusted to our care.
I am posting some pictures from our outing last weekend...and our furry babies.
![]() |
| putt putt |

No comments:
Post a Comment