The time has come...I have put it off for as long as possible. (the dreaded Thanksgiving grocery trip, that is!) I love eating the Thanksgiving meal, just usually put off the shopping trip for as long as I can. However, the day has come!!
We are so excited to have friends from our Albuquerque days flying in on Wednesday. It is Ali's best friend while we lived there, and her mom. We can't wait to see them! It has been 3 years since we last saw them. My parents are also coming in tomorrow for Thanksgiving. We will hopefully have a great time visiting and making yummy foods in the kitchen. However, today is the day to finish getting the house in order and kitchen stocked. (not to mention homeschooling, orthodontics, and swim practice, etc...are there enough hours in the day?)
There hasn't been much going on lately to blog about..same old same old. The kiddos are doing well. Ali had a sinus infection last week and T.C. had the crud also. I think they are both on the mend, or at least I hope. Clark has a touch of it, but seems to be fine.
Last week we were able to have dinner with a family that just adopted a 5 1/2 year old little boy from Ukraine. They live outside of San Antonio and used the same adoption agency as we did. We were in contact with them prior to their traveling to give them tips from the "been there done that file." Their son is SO cute. They have only been home for 2-3 weeks, so he is still speaking fluent Russian. He and Clark just played and played despite the fact that they couldn't speak to each other. It was so funny, I asked Clark that night as we were putting him to bed if he and Jamie talked to each other. He said "no, we didn't talk...yes, we did...but he still talks Ukraine...like I did in Ukraine" Then I asked "well, did you understand him?" He got this funny look on his face and answered "No." Ha...I guess it at least sounded familiar. They were in town for an appointment with a doctor that specializes in internationally adopted children.
Our nephew is out of the hospital. He was able to go home since my sister in law is an RN and knows how to take care of his medicines, tube feedings, etc. What a blessing for them! Now we just continue to pray he gains weight quickly so his little heart can be repaired.
I must start my crazy day! We have much to be thankful for this year. We hope each of you takes time to give thanks to our heavenly father for all the blessings he bestows on us. I know we are thankful for our family...our precious children mean the world to us. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Thanksgiving, and thank you for the update on your nephew. We are praying...
Darlene
Post a Comment