Oh dear heavens, what in the world were we thinking? Maybe we weren't...that's the problem. We made our usual stop to Taco Cabana for lunch after church on Sunday. So far so good...then we decided to go to Petco to get dog/cat food on our way home. We never should have done that...LOL! We went in for pet food, and came out with a 4 legged friend. Actually the kids and I have been looking at her for several months now. Every Sunday at our Petco they have pet adoptions from a local shelter. We spotted her and her sister this summer. However, T.C. was pretty adamant about NO MORE DOGS! I agree, we never really wanted 2 dogs in the house. However, our sweet little Timmy is 14 years old now. It goes without saying that we aren't sure how much longer he will be around. He is doing pretty well, but 14 is 14! Anyway, I thought it would be good for the kids if we had another pooch when Timmy started to go downhill. T.C. didn't seem to share my thoughts. So, we were minding our own business on Sunday walking into Petco....then I made the mistake of looking over at the adoption area. There she was.........the pup from the summer! Her sister was adopted a couple of weeks ago. I just HAD to walk over and give her a little pet...then T.C. walked over. I could tell that he thought she was pretty cute...and ya know what happened a minute later...he said "I don't care if you get her...she IS pretty cute." Ha!! Of course Ali had an absolute fit. Needless to say, we now officially have a ZOO! As if we needed another dog to prove that. So...now we keep asking ourselves "WHAT WERE WE THINKING?" She was named Xaria by the lady that has been fostering her since she was only weeks old. As of now, she is nameless...poor baby. We are still calling her Xaria, Xara, or Xar...but not sure if we will keep that...it is a little strange. She is about 7 months old, black with a little white, wire haired, terrier mix. A sweet little mutt that is very skittish right now. She is good with the kids though (so far).
We had a fun weekend. We took the kids to the Houston Children's Museum downtown. Clark had more fun than Ali, as expected. She did enjoy some of the exhibits. Clark LOVED it though. There is a neat Mexican town area that he absolutely could have spent all day in. It has little mock stores, kitchen, school, etc. He was very cute to watch.
This coming weekend, we are packing up and heading to San Antonio...just for the weekend, that is. It will be our annual (ok, it can't really be annual yet since we just started this last year) trip to Sea World. Military families get in free once a year through their "Hero Salute" program. Free....we LOVE free! We are excited to have a change of scenery. There are a lot of fun things to do in San Antonio. That is where we went on our first little family trip with Clark. We went last year just a few weeks after returning from Ukraine. He has changed so much since then.
I forgot to mention that last week I made a flying trip to Lake Charles with the kids to see our little nephew, Kai. We had not seen him yet. He is just too cute. I will post pictures when all of my sister in law's family has seen him. I wasn't able to hold him, as he is only 3 1/2 lbs. or so and still can't be out of the isolette much. Ali was allowed into the NICU to see him also. He is just precious...such a miracle.
Here are some pictures from our weekend and our new furry addition.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She's ADORABLE!
If you decide on a NEW name, I have a technique to teach her the new name.
Do you have a pet-clicker? (about a $1 at Petco)
It's really handy in teaching animals (even cats, giraffe's and dolphins).
LMK if you need any help!
Mich
What adorable pictures! Congrats on the sweet new family member. And, good luck! I can't wait to hear the new name.
Darlene
Post a Comment