Sunday, August 24, 2008

Clark's new look.......

This week brought a new look for Clark....his glasses. We aren't having any problems at all with him keeping them on. He learned pretty quickly that he can see much better with them on. The first day he tried taking them off a few times (he thought his plastic horse needed to wear them, etc.), but he is doing great now. He looks pretty cute...I must admit.

We had a couple of playdates with friends that are starting back to school this week. The schools around here start tomorrow (Monday), so Ali will miss getting together with her friends now that the summer is officially over. She has been on a two week break from swimming, so it is back to the grind with that this week.

Clark starts a new gymnastics class this week. The gym where he has been taking closed its doors...so we have been in search of a new one. We finally found one this past week. I think he will really enjoy the new class. He starts preschool in two weeks, on Sept. 8th. I know he will just love it.

After we returned home from Ukraine last summer, we became a reference family for our agency. We have been contacted about a dozen times over the last month from families wanting to hear our story. We are so happy that adoptions in Ukraine are still going well. One family contacted us this past week, and we found out that they lived in Texas also. They were going to be in Houston for an appointment on Friday, so we decided to get together on Saturday. They came by the house, and we were able to share our story and answer all of their questions. It was so neat. I know how many questions we had before we traveled, and we were so glad to be able to hopefully help them. They travel in Sept., and we can't wait to hear how their process goes!

T.C.'s mom is coming for a little visit this coming Saturday. The kids are so excited. We haven't seen her since the first of February, so it has been quite a while. We will enjoy having her here.

Well, I will close with a silly picture of Clark. I was trying to get some cute glasses pictures the other day, and I caught this picture without knowing he made that face at the last second. Silly kid!














3 comments:

Live the Life you Love, Love the Life you Live said...

I LOVE the new glasses Clark! But your moma will be a little sad that it makes you look much OLDER! :)
You look very handsome!

{darlene} said...

Oh my goodness. What a darling!! He sure is a handsome little guy.
Thanks for sharing those precious pictures. Keep em coming!
Darlene

Kay said...

HE LOOKS GREAT!! what a darling, so sophisticated!!! now he can look like sis, right?? i hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! i love having company!